The CodyHouse's framework is a system of SCSS globals representing the base upon which you can build the style of your web project.
Download the Framework on Github
or install the framework in your Node.js powered apps with the npm package:
npm i codyhouse-framework
The framework serves three main purposes:
- Template - it provides you with a CSS template to speed up the first steps of setting up the style of a web project.
- Responsive - it includes smart rules that take care of several responsiveness aspects.
- Design system - it simplifies the process of creating the base of your design system.
The framework is composed of:
- A collection of SCSS files that compile into a _global.scss file. Make sure to import this style before your own;
- A util.js file with some utility functions that are used in the CodyHouse components. Make sure to import this before the component script file.
codyhouse-framework/ └── main/ ├── assets/ │ ├── css/ │ │ ├── globals/ │ │ │ ├── _alignment.scss │ │ │ ├── _breakpoints.scss │ │ │ ├── _buttons.scss │ │ │ ├── _colors.scss │ │ │ ├── _forms.scss │ │ │ ├── _grid-layout.scss │ │ │ ├── _icons.scss │ │ │ ├── _mixins.scss │ │ │ ├── _reset.scss │ │ │ ├── _shared-styles.scss │ │ │ ├── _spacing.scss │ │ │ ├── _typography.scss │ │ │ └── _z-index.scss │ │ ├── _globals.scss │ │ ├── style.css │ │ └── style.scss │ └── js/ │ └── util.js └── index.html
Progressive enhancement #
The Framework and the Components are built following the principle of progressive enhancement. Please make sure to include the following script in the
<head> of your document:
<script>document.getElementsByTagName("html").className += " js";</script>
The framework includes a Gulp file with some basic configurations needed to run a web project based on the framework.
To use this Gulp configuration file, once you have downloaded the framework, make sure to run the following commands in your command line:
npm run gulp watch
The first command will install the modules the framework requires for compiling SCSS into CSS; the second will launch your project on a development server.
If you are new to Gulp, take a look at this beginners guide.